Thursday, 5 September 2013

Mommy Recipe No.2.

Shameful isn't it, that in my whole entire time of 'Mommy Blogging' I have only ever blogged 1 recipe for you all to try. That being my lentil curry: (May I add, is very tasty!)

Mommy Recipe .No. 1

So, shame upon me an all. I have decided to share another great recipe with you. And, to make things even better - It's super simple. Like SUPER SIMPLE. I have made these flat breads a number of times now as my little Montgomery just loves them. He tends to enjoy them with salmon. Mind you, he tends to enjoy anything with salmon even strawberry yogurt. Don't ask.

Right. So, flat breads. Here we go:

Ingrediants
  • 250g plain flour
  • 1 Teaspoon salt
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 150ml warm water
What to do? What to do?
  • Sift your flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the oil and the water. Work them with your hands into a nice dough.
  • Flour a work surface up and place your dough on. Knead for roughly 5-6 minutes.
  • Cover the dough with an up-turned mixing bow and let rest for 15 minutes. You can leave it to rest until you are ready to cook also. 
  • Once ready. Roll your dough into a long sausage shape and divide into roughly 8 pieces.
  • Flour your work surface up and roll each piece into your ideal flat bread shape. I find about 2mm thick works for us. But, do as you feel.
  • Pop a dry saucepan on the heat and get real hot. 
  • Shake off any excess flour from your flat breads and pop them in the pan for roughly 2 minutes each side. You will be able to tell when your side is cooked.
You are best to serve these bad boys warm. They go a bit odd when they are cold. By odd, I simply mean - They just aren't the same! :-)

Enjoy!

 Montgomery enjoying his flat breads.

Please don't forget to enter my latest competition to be in with a chance of winning a years magazine (of your choice) subscription. Click below to find out more:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment ...